The Road to Success is not straight: There is a curve called failure, a loop called confusion, speed bumps called friends, caution lights called family, and you will have flats called jobs. But, if you have a spare called determination, an engine called perseverance, insurance called faith, and a driver called God, you will make it to a place called success!

Your Ad Here
The road to success is always under construction, everything can be discussed thus, it is a general type of blog.

RIGHT TO SUFFRAGE-MAY 10, 2010

Suffrage, political franchise, or simply the franchise is the civil right to vote, or the exercise of that right. In English, suffrage and its synonyms are sometimes also used to mean the right to run for office (to be a candidate), but there are no established qualifying terms to distinguish between these different meanings of the term(s). The right to run for office is sometimes called (candidate) eligibility, and the combination of both rights is sometimes called full suffrage.[1] In many other languages, the right to vote is called the active right to vote and the right to be voted for (to run for office) is called the passive right to vote. In English, these are rarely called active suffrage and passive suffrage.[2]

The summer sun was on its hottest state as usual. Many people congregate at the school; queuing at different directions towards different classrooms, not minding the sweat coming out from their pores. It's May 10 today and everyone is excited as it is the Philippines' election day. I believe people like me are eager to vote in two ways. One is that we are here again in a very special day to make a major decision for our country by selecting  the leaders whom we think can "manage" our country for its betterment and the other one is that we are so excited as this is the first automated election in the country's history. We are so feverish to witness the controversial PCOS machine and check how it works.

The process wasn't as smooth as expected. Some people complain of waiting for so many hours just to have for their slot and vote. Some are complaining of extreme heat and dehydration (that was their fault though), some are complaining of defective machines, some were not able to have their sheets counted , and some can't just think of anything to complain. I don't mind though, I have my tools-my umbrella, my Pierre Cardin towel, a paper fan, and a bottle of C2. I made sure as well that I had a good bath first before going to my designated precinct. 

The waiting time would surely test your patience. A lot endured and were able to cast their precious votes. During my turn, I read the instructions carefully. I chose my candidates as planned and shaded their designated circled regions. I went to the machine and at last, my vote was counted. As my friend commented on my Facebook status wall, the process is really fulfilling. Not just because you were able to see how the machine eats your paper and congratulates you that your vote was counted but the feeling of being heard to make a decision for your country as a citizen.

Truly the right to suffrage is one of the rights we citizens of this nation are entitled to shape our nation. Again, for those who haven't cast their votes yet, go out now and vote. Now is the time to make a major decision for our country. Don't waste it.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
Increase your PageRank

Personal - Top Blogs Philippines
Blogko.net Topsites
Add to Technorati Favorites
PinoyBlogoSphere.com
Blogarama - The Blog Directory

I heart FeedBurner

Powered By Blogger

izea

blogcatalog

Mico

Mico
Tenk yow so mats! (Thank you so much)

About Me

My Photo
Mico
MIDDLE-EARTH NAME:HORRIBLE NEEKERBREEKER ELVISH NAME: ERMACILION HOBBIT NAME: FERUMBRAS HEADSTRONG FROM PINCUP DWARVEN NAME: ROIN CLEVERBRACE ORKISH NAME: WAZUR THE SLY FAVORITE MOTTO: DEBIT IS ALWAYS EQUAL TO CREDIT FAVORITE SAYING: if you want to empty a ketchup bottle, use centrifugal force!!!!
View my complete profile

Subscribe Now: standard

MEMORY VERSE

Followers

TWITTER

    follow me on Twitter

    Recent Comments