The Road to Success is not straight: There is a curve called failure, a loop called confusion, speed bumps called friends, caution lights called family, and you will have flats called jobs. But, if you have a spare called determination, an engine called perseverance, insurance called faith, and a driver called God, you will make it to a place called success!

Your Ad Here
The road to success is always under construction, everything can be discussed thus, it is a general type of blog.

2012







It was a bright afternoon and my mom actually told me to give it a rest first. However, I was so stubborn as I was so excited to watch the movie 2012. It has already been shown for two days and I thought that since it is on a Monday, there wouldn't be so much people in the cinemas. I went to the mall despite of the scorching heat of the sun with my handkerchief lying in my closet which I forgot to bring (so you can't just imagine what I looked like after the jeepney trip). By the way, I checked the Mall's website first for screening schedule so I was confident that I will be securing a comfortable seat inside the cinema. After the crazy and oven toaster like trip from the jeepney, I went straight to the Mall's cinema to purchase a ticket. It was 3:30 PM Manila time then. To my surprise the lady asked me if I still want to buy the ticket as the cinema is in "standing" status already. I was wrong, the mall's full of people even on a Monday. I don't want to reschedule my cinema escapade so I bought that tiny piece of ticket anyway.

At around 5:15 PM, I was lucky to spot a vacant seat. Lucky that it wasn't really that near from the screen but to by dismay, I have not started the movie!!! I was falling on the wrong line before entering the cinema doors! Anyway, what can I do? I just did try to enjoy myself as much as I can and thought that I can still watch a portion of it at the last full show.

The whole thing was a total experience. I never had that kind of thrill and excitement on a cinema setting for quite a while (maybe perhaps after sukob :P). As what my friend had noted on her facebook status message, every scene is a climax! The audience were so engrossed with the movie. Their gasps, shouts, and laughters were very contagious. I even caught my butt displaced at an awkward angle from the couch especially on the suspense scenes of the movie.

This might be a spoiler but I just want to name a few scenes that I loved the most.




1st: the start of the mayhem, where LA begins to be swallowed by the Pacific Ocean. Everyone in the movie did not blink their eyes as Jackson's (John Cusack) family were running for dear life. the whole place collapses, buildings crash, cars explode, trains fly from the rails-Now I regret I haven't watched it on a 3D mode.




2nd: The plane and volcano adventure. This one is a breath holder as the family escapes the destruction of LA due to the Park now turned out as a very massive volcano. Now I regret I haven't watched this at IMAX.. I was really thinking of watching this again..







3rd: The prayer at the Vatican. I am not anti -Christian and I see that this movie doesn't really have any relevance on what the Bible describes as the end of the world. However, the crack that started from the inside of the Sistine Chapel that eventually turned into the total collapse of the St. Peter's Basilica was so significant for me.


Many were asking me if I got terrified with the rumor that the world will end in 2012. I said, No. I used to have this kind of depression from existentialism so I just told them that the Universe wouldn't really care. Like what the crazy conspiracy theorist guy from the movie said, the earth's destruction is just a puff of smoke in the Milky Way. Also, God solely knows when he will decide to cease the world's operations so better enjoy life as much as you can. :P So, for all those who haven't watched yet, better hurry to the cinemas! It's totally worth it!



posted under , |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
Increase your PageRank

Personal - Top Blogs Philippines
Blogko.net Topsites
Add to Technorati Favorites
PinoyBlogoSphere.com
Blogarama - The Blog Directory

I heart FeedBurner

Powered By Blogger

izea

blogcatalog

Mico

Mico
Tenk yow so mats! (Thank you so much)

About Me

My Photo
Mico
MIDDLE-EARTH NAME:HORRIBLE NEEKERBREEKER ELVISH NAME: ERMACILION HOBBIT NAME: FERUMBRAS HEADSTRONG FROM PINCUP DWARVEN NAME: ROIN CLEVERBRACE ORKISH NAME: WAZUR THE SLY FAVORITE MOTTO: DEBIT IS ALWAYS EQUAL TO CREDIT FAVORITE SAYING: if you want to empty a ketchup bottle, use centrifugal force!!!!
View my complete profile

Subscribe Now: standard

MEMORY VERSE

Followers

TWITTER

    follow me on Twitter

    Recent Comments