The Road to Success is not straight: There is a curve called failure, a loop called confusion, speed bumps called friends, caution lights called family, and you will have flats called jobs. But, if you have a spare called determination, an engine called perseverance, insurance called faith, and a driver called God, you will make it to a place called success!

Your Ad Here
The road to success is always under construction, everything can be discussed thus, it is a general type of blog.

COMPARASITIS.


I can say that I am blessed with my career that I do have right now. I hardly sought this and it took me some time to get a hold of it. Now that I have what I wanted I thought I am okay. I am still dissatisfied. The feeling stays the same and it somehow gets worse.

Was there a some sort of "beast" lurking within the deepest recesses inside me? The answer is a loud "Yes" and I call it COMPARASITIS (comparing oneself to others). Last night, I had a chance to mingle with my very close cousin who happened to be my classmate and buddy all throughout my schooling era. (from elementary up to college) We were talking about some schoolmates-their whereabouts and what they are now. Some had traveled around the world due the job requirement, one had become a head nurse abroad. The other one became a supervisor in an advertising agency and another one, just got her Mazda 3 even after just working for 3 months in a cruise ship. That was a nice evening chat. I went home and slept. Morning came and I woke up. The thoughts about the last night's conversation came in with a brute force as I opened my eyes. Reality came in and I suddenly felt a sense of inadequacy. I was still living in a small, shabby apartment after working for two years. I was able to purchase some gadgets but all of them were lost except for my iPod.

That was just because of the things I heard on that last night. Success stories of other people made me feel inferior for the thought of their accomplishments are greater than mine. There was this belief that I should be better than them or worse, better than anyone else. I alwasy wanted to revert back on those times when everything was simple. I am simply contented on what I had
and what I was.

I searched for some articles at the website to seek answers on comparing oneself to others. I liked what the author said about overcoming this obstacle. Being contented is like a glass of water, being filled regardless of it's width or capacity to hold enough volume. I hope I could apply this simple principle. Though it's hard to implement, I will still have to try.


posted under , |

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A valuable post on comparasitis.

Thanks,
Karim - Positive thinking

Mico said...

Hello Karim,

Thanks for the comment. I just had visited your wonderful website and signed up.

Newer Post Older Post Home
Increase your PageRank

Personal - Top Blogs Philippines
Blogko.net Topsites
Add to Technorati Favorites
PinoyBlogoSphere.com
Blogarama - The Blog Directory

I heart FeedBurner

Powered By Blogger

izea

blogcatalog

Mico

Mico
Tenk yow so mats! (Thank you so much)

About Me

My Photo
Mico
MIDDLE-EARTH NAME:HORRIBLE NEEKERBREEKER ELVISH NAME: ERMACILION HOBBIT NAME: FERUMBRAS HEADSTRONG FROM PINCUP DWARVEN NAME: ROIN CLEVERBRACE ORKISH NAME: WAZUR THE SLY FAVORITE MOTTO: DEBIT IS ALWAYS EQUAL TO CREDIT FAVORITE SAYING: if you want to empty a ketchup bottle, use centrifugal force!!!!
View my complete profile

Subscribe Now: standard

MEMORY VERSE

Followers

TWITTER

    follow me on Twitter

    Recent Comments